Note taking app with optional end-to-end encrypted sync to your PC.
SilentNotes is a note taking app which respects your privacy. It doesn't collect personal data, runs free of ads and is an open source (FOSS) software. Write your notes in a comfortable WYSIWYG editor with basic formatting like headers or lists, and synchronize them end-to-end encrypted between Android and Windows devices.
Beside writing of traditional notes, you can also create to-do lists to keep track of your pending tasks. Additionally the notes can be password protected with your own password, and quickly found with a full-text search.
- Take your notes wherever you are, and share them between your Android and Windows devices.
- Write the notes in an easily operated WYSIWYG editor.
- Create To-Do lists to keep an overview of your pending tasks.
- Protect selecte notes with a user defined password.
- Organize and filter the notes with a tagging system.
- Quickly find the right note with the full-text search, just by typing a few letters.
- Store the notes to an online-storage of your choice (self hosting), this allows to synchronize them between devices and offers an easy backup.
- Currently supported are the FTP protocol, the WebDav protocol, Dropbox, Google-Drive and One-Drive.
- The notes never leave the device unencrypted, they are end-to-end encrypted and can only be read on your devices.
- A dark theme is available for more comfortable working in dark environment.
- Use basic formatting to structure your notes and make them more readable.
- Get a note back from the recycle-bin if it was deleted by accident.
- SilentNotes does not collect user information and requires no unnecessary privileges, thus the name silent notes.
- SilentNotes is an open source project, its source code can be verified on GitHub.
The Windows version is available from the Microsoft store.
NonFreeDep: The application depends on a non-free application (usually Google Services) – i.e. it requires it to be installed on the device, but does not include it.
Version 6.0.3 (2021-12-20)
16 Libraries detected:
Download (11.2 M)
Version 6.0.2 (2021-12-12)