TrackerControl allows users to monitor and control the widespread, ongoing, hidden data collection in mobile apps about user behaviour ('tracking').
To detect tracking, TrackerControl combines the power of the Disconnect blocklist, used by Firefox, and our in-house blocklist is used, created from analysing ~2 000 000
apps! Additionally, TrackerControl supports custom blocklists.
- reveals the companies behind tracking,
- allows to block tracking selectively, and
- exposes the purposes of tracking, such as analytics or advertising.
The app also aims to educate about your rights under Data Protection Law, such the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Under the hood, TrackerControl uses Android's VPN functionality, to analyse apps' network communications locally on the Android device
. This is accomplished through a local VPN server, to enable network traffic analysis by TrackerControl.
No root is required, other VPNs or Private DNS are not supported. No external VPN server is used, to keep your data safe! TrackerControl even protects you against DNS cloaking
, a popular technique to hide trackers in websites and apps.
TrackerControl will always be free and open source, being a research project.
- [FEATURE] Add ClassyShark-like tracker detection
- [FEATURE] Add domain-based blocking (in development)
- [FEATURE] Add option to show tracking data sharing over past 7 days
- [IMPROVEMENT] Faster and correct GeoMap
- [IMPROVEMENT] Make tracker details UI more beautiful and intuitive
- [FIXES] Fix crashes, duplicate trackers being shown, and correct counting of tracker companies.
- [UPDATES] Update dependencies, translations, and tracker signatures